Labels

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

February 24, 2014

This week I was in Quezon City 2nd area and Signal Village and Taguig, I learned so much this week. I cannot tell you how much a blessing trying to memorize a scripture every 2 or three days helps. I mean, the starting point of our faith, doubts, choices, actions and who we are is all in our thoughts and mind.  If I am always trying to memorize a scripture it is like thats what becomes my thoughts and faith and who I am when I am just sitting on a jeep-nee or when I wake up. To be carnally minded really is death and to be spiritually minded really is life eternal.

I went on exchanges  with my trainee that I trained a long time ago and he is training right now and I went with them. It was so much fun. I am so proud of them:) I love to just be the best I can be in every area I go to. I can honestly say that the Lord is helping me become the missionary I have always wanted to become:) I swear I learn way more than the Elders I go on exchanges with. It just blows my mind how white the field really is and how it is so ready to be harvested. There is not a single exchange that I have ever went on where we didn't find new people who wanted to hear the gospel that day. There just simply is no greater work than the work of the Lord. 

I learned a lot more this week about how having a broken heart and a contrite spirit helps you grow so much and is the way that the soil of learning reaches its fertile peak. In Mosiah 4:11-12 the promised blessings of remembering how much we need God and to repent and always doing that is growing in the knowledge of the Glory of Him that created us which is light and truth. That's so cool. Always rejoice, always be filled with the love of God and always retain a remission of your sins. That scripture always blows my mind. So I decided to memorize it so that it would become a part of me. 

The talk about being accepted of the Lord by Elder Kopischke just helps so much as I account to the Lord and strengthen my relationship with Him. As I right all my covenants every Sunday before I take the sacrament it just becomes such a precious and holy time for me as I account and repent and work to fulfill my covenants every week. As I do this I always receive new revelation on what I can do better and in what ways the Lord is pleased with me.  It is like my own little personal time with the Savior and I treasure it so much. 

Well anyways, that was my week. I love sharing the gospel and the people we taught were so amazing. We taught a new family in Signal and it was such an amazing experience and we found another entire family searching for the truth:) The spirit was so strong and I am just so glad I invited them to hear the gospel. They were able to hear it for the first time and feel it in their hearts. wow if only how I can describe how that feels:) 
Love,
ELder Blackham 

No comments:

Post a Comment