Labels

Sunday, January 6, 2013

December 31, 2012


Here in the PHilippines World War 3 just happened over New Years and it was crazy, ha ha! It sounded insane and fireworks go off from everywhere 4 hours before and after New Years, we even saw a ton when we were out yesterday. They really know how to party it up here in the pines:) We haven't been able to get a lot of work done this last week because I was sick and we had zone conference and the Holidays we weren't allowed to proselyte that much for safety reasons. But I am happy as ever and learning tons and tons of amazing things!!:) I am about half way through Jesus The Christ but I started a couple months before I left on my mission. I am just taking it slow and I don't move on till I know how I might apply it to my life. 

I am going to be with my comp another transfer and he said I would be his longest companion, haha. So that's interesting. I feel a great amount of hope and excitement in my heart for this new year and it is so amazing:) I am so excited to just keep on workin and that the Holiday season is over so that we can work a ton more and people won't be gone and it will just be sweet!!!  I am so grateful for the power of the atonement to free us from not only our sins and guilt but also our weaknesses and shortcomings to help us become more than we are:) 
 Its so simple:) Matt. 11:28-30:) Faith makes the whole world beautiful and hope anchors us to the gospel and to good works:) As we use the atonement we gain a personal realtionship with our Savior and come to know Him personally and as our friend and Savior:) The more personal experiences you have with Him and the more you allow Him to be in your life and help you, the better your relationship will be. I know that through Him all things are possible and we can overcome all and become what we came here to be:) In the name of Jesus Christ Amen:)

Love, Elder Blackham

No comments:

Post a Comment