Labels

Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

I am in Pasig City and I actually am opening up an area for my first area so I have a ton of work ahead of me.  But I wouldn't have it any other way:)

I have never been so out of place in my life, I am literally the only white person in Pasig City. I am stared at by everyone and I think I am the first white person anyone has seen in person. Whoever said they treat white people like celebrities was wrong. I am told I should go home and everyone points and whispers when I get on a jeepnee (which are totally awesome by the way haha) so its pretty crazy.

 I smell about 200 different weird smells a day and it all looks like the movie I Am Legend because vines and green grow everywhere except there is 20,000,000 people haha.

I have never seen such poverty in my life or dreams and imagination. The fact that anyone goes to church is a testimony of its truthfulness. Haha, I was pretty shocked my first two days but day three and four are awesome. The Language is hard but coming well. I can give all the lessons in Tagalog but I can't understand anyone. I can speak way more than I can understand, haha. I wish I understood people more, I want to help them so much. I picture people walking into the waters of baptism or getting sealed in the temple and it makes it so awesome.

I know I complained a lot at first but I was just venting. I actually love it so much I can't stop smiling and greeting everyone. The people that are kind are really kind:) When I teach I am floating I feel so good. I open my mouth a lot on the jeepnee and everywhere. I am so happy and people smile back when I smile at them:)

My companion is going home next transfer so I will lead the newly opened area in six weeks. I am for sure rolling up my sleeves:) He is quiet and kind. He is awesome.

I will not talk about the slums because that would freak you out, haha, or the traffic or a lot of stuff, I sometimes say to myself, "What would my mom think?"  and  then I laugh. I can't take pictures because I will get robbed so just look it up on google, haha. Yea I got your package I love it and love the pictures.

I broke out in a rash on my back and arms and legs, probably from the humidity and pollution. I am in the very heart of a city.  Think of  New York City with more concrete and jungle growing out of concrete. It's pretty cool actually. I feel pretty awesome just walking around like I should be in a music video with church hymns:)

I saw the Stovers and it was so awesome!!! My apartment is nice but small, but that's okay. I love it, it's perfect. I know I am supposed to be here.

 Love
 Elder Blackham

No comments:

Post a Comment