Labels

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18, 2013

Dear Mom,

Just reading the letter was a roller coaster in and of itself. That's pretty crazy that all that happened just last week but if that's the will of God then so be it, come what may and love it:) IT is just so much better to love God;s will. 

Any ways this week was pretty awesome and fun:)!! Life is pretty much the greatest as usual. Lately I have been learning more about trials and about the Lords absolute love for all of us. Also about how the gospel is true:)!!! We talked to a Muslim this week and he totally explained a lot about their religion and it was super cool that it made my testimony of the gospel grow. The reason why it was so cool is that it was so unexpected that my faith would grow in the gospel as a result of hearing someone else share their beliefs. I learned truths about the gospel when hearing this man speak about it. Really everything testifies that this is the true gospel, even other religions as we are open and listen to them.  

I also learned about how important questions are that we ask to ourselves. Like, what can I do more? or What can I do to feel the spirit more fully in my life? What are some things I can do right now to serve the Lord? It helps us open our mind and the spirit touch our hearts and impress us on things that we can do better in our lives. How can we come closer to the savior today? It helps big questions like how can I become more like the savior, that requires life long goals be broken down into little daily questions that will help us achieve our big goals in life:) I know that as we ask little questions like this every day we will be impressed every day about little ways we can do better and grow:) The gospel is not complicated, there is not a billion things all the time its simple doctrine acted upon and then witnesses given to us by the spirit that cause us to learn, to grow and to become. It all starts with 1. learning doctrine by the Holy Ghost. 2. Acting on those principles 3. Then the spirit testifies its true and our understanding and testimony deepens and expands into conversion:) 

By the way I don;t even have a scar from the stitches on my brow.  I actually kinda wanted a little one, for the memory and it looked kinda cool. But I am still happy haha. Its kinda of incredible because my eye was swollen shut the first 2 days and stitches and now nothing. The injury was a an inch long which doesn't sound big; but to be above your eye it looks big haha. 

What's cool too is I learned one of my favorite ways to OYM (Open Your Mouth)  to people is by walking next to them at the same pace until it's so awkward someone has to break the ice. It sounds weird but it works really well, just walking with people, then they say hi or ask a question and then we start talking, next thing leads to another and we have an appointment to teach. It's pretty cool. Or sitting next to someone. All that good stuff:)

So nothing super new this week.  We just had lunch with two of the area presidency because they live in my area so might as well utilize their skills. Its just super fun trying all these ideas for finding because I have a peculiar area. I am kinda a guinea pig for the mission as far as trying all the finding ideas I can come up with, and ideas are a fun thing. This way I can say I tried absolutely my all in this area including all my ideas haha. I am learning more how to serve with my mind and not just my strength and might:) 

Love, Elder Blackham

No comments:

Post a Comment